5 Things Nevada Solar Installers Should Do
Last Updated on
Regardless of whether you ask, your Nevada solar installer should tell you the need to know’s of solar at all stages of the buying cycle: From research and investigation of your home’s solar viability to the electrical codes in your area. An installer is only as good as his or her knowledge when it comes to rooftop solar in the Silver State.
5. Understand Nevada Solar Power Laws
One of the main concerns that many Nevadans have is whether solar will stick around for the long haul. The changes that NV Energy got permission to make in 2015 hurt a lot of people.
However, this shouldn’t deter prospects from solar. NV Energy wouldn’t have re-instituted the net metering rates if they were uncertain about keeping them.
Although many solar companies tend to besmirch utility companies, Go Solar Group does not. We believe, in good faith, that NV Energy made the 2015 change because they thought it would have the most positive impact and later found out that the policy had numerous unintended consequences which hurt its consumers.
A couple of things contributed to the dramatic impact of 2015 actions. First, NVEnergy raised the monthly grid connection fee. Then, all solar customers received less for the excess energy that they produced. However, the last push was the unexpected bait and switch, forcing solar companies to pull out of the state and negatively impacting pre-connected solar customer rates.
In re-instituting fair net metering practices, NV Energy has saluted the solar industry in a way that indicates they are willing to work with Nevada solar installers over the long haul.
4. Know Specific Examples of Why You Don’t Need to Worry About Nevada Solar: Assembly Bill 405
Some Nevadans, particularly those in the bigger cities of Nevada, such as Reno or Las Vegas, have a legitimate concern that the current solar changes made in 2017 aren’t permanent. There is, however, a couple of factors that make these changes as promising as they are enduring for the future of Nevada’s rooftop solar market.
- The first factor is that AB 405 prohibits treating rooftop solar customers as a separate rate class. Meaning the power company can’t charge you extra fees for being a solar customer.
- The second of these factors is AB 405 section 24. This section of the bill guarantees that consumers have the right to self-generate their electricity and own a large percentage of their power. This section of AB 405 bulwarks utility companies, NV Energy included, from controlling your technology.
- Third, AB 405 has produced state renewable energy goals. These goals allow customers to get up to 95 percent of the retail rate for their net excess energy for 20 years after their solar installation. These rates have decreased by seven percent for every 80 megawatts of rooftop solar until it reached 75 percent of the retail rate in 2020, where it will stay unless legislative actions dictate otherwise.
AB 405 protects solar customers from utility rate changes for the next 20 years. Those who don’t want to worry about rate decreases after 20 years can avoid them by investing in battery backup.
3. Know It’s Not About Finding the Best Solar Company in Nevada: It’s About Finding the Best One for You
Going with larger solar companies can cost consumers more money than smaller players in the market–a trend that defies most consumers’ understanding of other industries.
Usually, it’s the other way around: Bigger companies can spend more on process optimization and marketing, after all. However, Fast Company reports based on data from a National Renewable Energy Laboratory study that purchasing from large installers costs consumers as much as 10% more –a hefty investment.
Go Solar Group has proven it has the ability, know-how, and licensing to do some of the toughest installs in Reno, Nevada. You can trust that Go Solar Group will design and install a residential solar array tailored to your Reno home’s energy needs. We use higher quality products than most competitors in the industry for a lower price.
In essence, every Nevada solar company will tell you they are the best out there, but Go Solar Group goes above and beyond to prove it.
2. Partake in the Broader Conversation: Go Solar Group’s Social and Humanitarian Efforts: Give Solar Africa
Go Solar Group believes solar is an equalizing force. We have wielded and marveled over its power and influence to provide economic empowerment to people of all creeds and stripes via improved global health – educational opportunity – energy independence – safety, and security in the presence of catastrophe or even discomfort. Solar is the future, and we are spearheading the change.
Go Solar Group originated from a desire to help people in Africa. Founded in 2009, We currently fulfill that vision by providing microloans funded by solar arrays sold in the US.
Initially, Go Solar Group’s founders provided solar power to orphanages in Africa, giving a 1:1 purchase opportunity to off-the-grid areas in Uganda and Zambia. After obtaining an electrical license in 2011, Go Solar Group became NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) certified in 2013 to scale its efforts.
1. Employ Great Customer Service: The Crowning Achievement of a Supreme Nevada Solar Installer
Go Solar Group strives to give each customer a premier solar experience. From start to finish, you will find that Go Solar is there to help you. If you need to re-shingle your roof or move your solar panels to a new home in the same state, you can count on Go Solar Group to be with you every step of the way.