Level 1 — Access to Secure Power Supply/SPS (Backup, Not Battery Backup)
- Provides up to 2000 W during the day.
- 95 watts go to the outlet through the secure power supply at once.
- Functions as a feed from the outlet, drawing power from panels even though/when the grid is down.
- The outlet should be installed near the inverter.
- Great for keeping a fridge charged when the power goes out and not having groceries spoiled.
- Extension cable sometimes needed to make it work.
- Only available with SMA inverters and only works when panels are absorbing sunlight.
- Access to the secure power supply only works with the SMA inverter, which we use on 95 percent of our installs (homes without shading issues). SolarEdge does not have that capability. There is a potential backup option with a SolarEdge, but it's a little more complicated and we only do it when we have to.