Solar Backup With Install
Go Solar is the first solar company in Utah and Reno, NV to deliver on the security of backup with nearly every system installed.
Most Go Solar Group solar panel systems come installed with backup to help you and your family prepare for power outage emergencies when the grid goes down.
- Maintain thermostat preferences
- Keep security systems in place
- Maintain food temperature
- Complete homework or work on time
- Prevent damages, hotel costs, food waste, and more.
Complete the quick quote form to request a call about solar system pricing and products. Our team will work with you on your backup preferences to make sure that your solar array will provide security for all of your needs.
Backup Storage Versus Battery Backup: Know the Difference
One of the most confused solar terms is battery backup and backup power/storage. Although both terms get used interchangeably, they don’t mean the same thing. This can create misleading advertising.
Backup Power for Your Reno or Utah Home
Backup is a power supply that allows you to use your system when there is a grid failure. This is either short-term stored energy or solar energy routed away from your net meter. If you have a solar system that does not have backup you will not have power when the grid goes down. This is because it is against fire code for a solar system to be running power through a net meter when the grid is down.
Battery Backup: Deep Cycle Batteries
Battery backup, on the other hand, is an actual battery that has the capacity to power your home. Battery backup such as Tesla’s Powerwall stores power from your solar panels. When your panels don’t have sunlight to power your home your battery backup kicks in. Battery backup systems do not require you to connect to the grid.
These battery backup systems normally use a deep cycle battery. Designers created deep cycle batteries to use most of its capacity before recharging. There are a few different types of deep cycle batteries. Lead acid, lithium, nickel cadmium, and nickel-iron are the main battery competitors for solar. As of right now, lithium batteries are taking the lead in being the best deep cycle battery for solar. This is because they last longer and are more efficient.
Goal Zero's Battery Backup for Home Essentials
What about when your power goes out? Many assume that their solar array would still run in a power outage. The truth, however, is that it is a requirement for grid-tied systems to be off during a power outage.
Goal Zero Yeti Solar Generator
At Go Solar Group, we offer a solar generator called the Goal Zero Yeti 3,000. This generator allows customers to have more power options. They can use it on the go or in their home.
The Yeti 3,000 comes with 11 ports with different functions. This generator can power several devices at once no matter the weather or time of day.
It can also connect to the home with a home integration kit that connects through the breaker panel. The HIK can power up to four 15-20 amp circuits in your home.
Go Solar Group Battery Backup and Tesla
For those that would like to get completely off the grid, we have a solution for you as well. Go Solar Group carries Tesla Powerwalls and has installed many off-grid systems. We suggest getting an off-grid system if you live in an area that isn’t already connected to the grid. This is because it would cost as much, or more, to bring the grid to you as it would be to go off grid. If however you live in an area already connected and would like battery backup we can help you do this as well.
Go Solar Group Customer Battery Backup Levels
Key Definitions and Facts
- Storage: A device that is capable of keeping energy for use at a later time; a battery.
- Backup: A way to use electricity, in the event of a power outage. It can either be in the form of a battery/storage or instantaneous use of the electricity from the solar panels.
- All batteries are backup, not all backup is a battery.
- Battery: Interchangeable with storage. A battery is an electrical storage device. A type of backup.
For more solar term definitions check out our glossary.
Go Solar Group Backup and Battery Backup Offerings
Level 1 — A Portable Backup Generator for Power Essential Loads
- A portable battery backup option. The Yeti, Goal Zero's portable battery, charges with solar panels on the home, portable solar panels, or the grid.
- A portable solar panel made by Goal Zero called The Boulder.
Level 2 — Portable Backup Generator With Tanks
- Portable battery backup
- Portable solar panel
- Tanks: lead-acid batteries that can add extra energy storage to the Yeti.
Level 3 — Custom Battery Backup — Tesla Powerwall
- Pretty self-explanatory. One Powerwall can backup as many 30 amp or fewer circuits as the customer desires.
- Two or more Powerwalls can backup almost every single load in the house.
Be prepared with a backup system. Complete the quick quote form to request a call about solar system pricing and products. Our team will work with you on your backup preferences to make sure that your solar array will provide security for all of your needs.